* some complex sentences.
* absence of personal pronouns.
* more passive voice
* academic language.
* formal words: raison d'etre, depredations, entrepot basis, etc.
* precision in choice of vocabulary
* some specialist vocab: e.g. academic
rationalist curriculum, aesthetic, didactic.
*information very densely packed
* information/ ideas logically organized.
* personal pronouns.
* mainly active voice.
* unlike spontaneous speech, complete
sentences, 'correct' grammar.
* fairly short sentences.
* use of rhetorical questions.
|* careful choice of vocabulary to
create positive effect on audience: e.g. restless, audacity, extraordinary,
probity, rich fabric, steadfast commitment.
* information less densely packed
*information/ideas logically organized*
no hesitations, fillers, etc.